Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stoop!

I was reading one of the Elevation blogs and came across this idea-

2 Samuel 22:36 says, "You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great."

One of the definitions of "stoop" is: to descend from one's level of dignity. How humbling is it to know that God Almighty, creator and ruler of EVERYTHING will descend down upon me to make me great? Wow!

Other translations use the words help, mercy, and gentleness for the word "stoop." His mercy certainly has made put me where I am and made me into the woman I am now. I am, thankfully, not finished growing and I yearn for more of Him every single day. I praise Him for His mercy and gentleness with me! There have definitely been times when I have not deserved one bit of it. Oh how sweet it is to have such a faithful and loving God who is holding my life in His hands.


No comments: