Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm back...and better....

I decided to delete everything I had on here and start all over. My first attempt at blogging turned out to be pretty pathetic! So here we go again.

I need to start off by saying, WOW, what a whirlwind the last year has been. This time last year I was engaged, planning a wedding, looking for town homes in Wilmington, NC, and in a constant state of unrest with my family. And barely entering the doors of any church except the occasional Catholic service. (If you are Catholic, please do not take offense to this. I was raised Southern Baptist so from the moment I step foot in a mass until the time I leave, I am completely confused as to what is going on. And I was attending with someone who, let's just say, was not a regular himself and was not able to shed much light on my countless questions.)

I was making so many mistakes and was too blinded by my own pride to see any of it. I had NO business being engaged. My life was not at a stable point, nor was his, like it should be when preparing for a lifetime together. I did NOT want to move away from Charlotte, yet I was looking for homes in a city 3 hours away. All to please someone else. My happiness was at the bottom of the totem poll. I believe this is where the fighting with my parents came from. Not only was I rebelling, but they were trying to show me the same things that I myself already knew. But remember, my pride was standing in the way? Isn't that a situation we all find ourselves in at some point? We know we are wrong, but admitting our fault is just too painful so we risk completely bombing instead. Needless to say, I bombed.

So here I am, a year later, single, living at home, (in Charlotte I might add) and the happiest I have been in my life. I have a few close friends, most who live in other cities, a fun job, and an amazing group of Godly women that I know I can count on. I am living in God's will, studying His word daily, thanking Him for this life and the opportunities that I have. I am planning to apply to the Master's program for Education at UNCC and hopefully will begin in the Spring of 2010. I finally have found something that I am passionate about and am taking steps to have a lifelong job doing it. I am so thankful for God's grace on me, His patience until I decided to live for Him wholeheartedly and His mercy for forgiving my selfish past. I am so thankful we have such a forgiving and merciful God!

No comments: