Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The ABC's of the Bible

I went to a Beth Moore conference this weekend. Let me start by saying that the Spirit has truly descended upon that woman. She is so full of Christ and you can just feel it when she speaks. I highly admire her! If you haven't ever been to one of her events, you owe it to yourself to go. You can also read her blog here.

So anyways, she spent some time speaking on the importance of Scripture memorization. I won't lie-trying to memorize Bible verses is not at the top of priority list. I feel that the Lord has been speaking to me about that lately. In Oasis we talked about the Bible being your sword. You wouldn't go to battle without your sword, and you shouldn't face this world without your sword always with you. Obviously you aren't going to carry around your Bible 24/7, so this is why Scripture memorization is so important. Then Beth reinforced this concept this weekend, so I need to be obedient. But where do you start? There are so many verses to learn!

Beth gave the idea of going through the ABC's and picking a verse for each letter. Now obviously, some letters, such a X,Y,Z are going to be difficult, which is where you come in! Any ideas?

Here is this week's verse.

A-"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." ~ Psalm 18:30.

No comments: