Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trust

Ok. I just got done checking out the blogs of all the women in my Home Fellowship group. I am embarrassed now! Theirs have pictures, pretty backgrounds, and are really done up nicely. I'm sorry to disappoint with mine. I have no idea how to make it look cool like theirs! I am not tech-savvy at all. I am lucky to turn on the TV and get the digital cable to work.

As I was reading their blogs, God spoke to me. Let me back up by saying that last week I was reading Papi's blog. Papi is the man who started Casa Aleluya. He is an incredible man full of God's wisdom and spirit. I admire him so much. One of his entries was telling the story of a two year old boy who is in need of a kidney transplant. His mom left him at the hospital because she did not want him. The hospital asked Papi to come get the boy and care for him until he is old enough for a transplant. He will be on dialysis a few times a week. Papi would like someone to come and care for this boy full time. Maybe this is the door opening for me. I have been praying since I read that blog. Sunday at home group I shared the story with a friend. With chills on her arms she told me I had to email Papi about my desires to live in Guatemala as one of his workers. So tonight, with knots in my stomach and a nauseous feeling quickly taking over, I sent the email. Oh how scary it can sometimes be to walk in faith!

I spent the next 20 minutes worrying and crying. (If you don't know me, I am a crier. If I am happy, I cry. Sad, I cry. Mad, I cry. Moved by the Spirit, I cry. If you cry, I cry. And so it goes...) I came across one of those awesome blogs I was telling you about around this time or worrying and crying. She quoted from a book called CrazyLove. If you have not read this book, go right now and get it. It's amazing.

This is stolen from her post:

Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.

Doesn't God speak to us in the most unexpected ways sometimes? Yes, sending that email tonight was big. It was a leap of faith. It was what God told me to do. Who am I to worry? I am committing to let go and know that I am in the best hands anyone could ask to be in.

No comments: