Friday, August 7, 2009

NeedToBreathe

Have you heard of them? This is my new favorite band. I heard them on the christian radio station and they are awesome! I am going to see them in concert next Friday...YAY!!! I am taking some of the girls from my Bible study to a baseball game and the band is playing after.

I have been pretty down lately about friendships. I have felt very strongly lately that I need to walk away from a few friendships that are not helping me grow in my Christian walk. This of course is very difficult because it has left me with very few friends. I have been very lonely lately and desperately wanting some friendships. It seems as though a lot of people are getting engaged, married, or are in serious relationships. That leaves little time to make new friends and work on friendships. I have been praying for God to send me some girlfriends. I have 2 very good friends from college but they live in other states. And I feel like the one good friend that does live here sees a little too much of me!

I've had a hard time with girlfriends in the past. In middle and high school I had a few friends that I really trusted that turned on me. I was burnt by a few "good friends." In college, my best friend, my "soul mate" best friend, passed away. You know, that one girlfriend that you are closer to than anyone else? The one you could trust with your deepest secret and know she not only won't tell anyone but wouldn't even think of judging you either? That was her. Not a day went by in 3 years that we didn't talk. After she passed I began to think that I couldn't have a close friend because they either would stab me in the back or I would lose them. That was totally the Devil giving me those thoughts and I was buying into it.

Sunday I was telling all of this to a lady at home fellowship. She told me, "Maybe God is going to send you a new friend who isn't necessarily your age. Maybe older, maybe younger. We always think friends are going to be someone just like us but that isn't always the case."

The same night I was having this same conversation with another woman in the group. She told me, "God is going to send you a friend." Since that day I have been told this again. When the Lord says something 3 times, He means it! I will continue to pray for strong, consistent, female friendships in my life. This really is my hearts desire.


*Disclaimer* This is not to say that the few female friends I have are not anything short of amazing. I love you 3, KK, JJ, and SW, to death. Even though the miles separate us, I could not ask for better friends.

1 comment:

BlackJack said...

My half-brother and sister in law down in Cumming, GA are very close with the band actually. The two brothers in the group were at the hospital when my niece was born :) I have yet to see them live unfortunately.