Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Being Thoughtful

Today started off as any other. Making breakfast for the kids I nanny, getting teeth brushed, outfits laid out, finding shoes and out the door by 9:30 is quite the task. Maybe it's because I am not their mom? Anyways, we headed downtown to the hospital to meet Jess for her 7 month ultrasound. I was SO proud of the girls for waiting so patiently in the waiting room. I was going to let them come back to see the ultrasound but unfortunately the doctor decided to wait a few more weeks. Please pray for little baby Jeanie. At the last ultrasound, some cysts were visible on her spine. Jess was assured today that this is not the result of a genetic disorder which is an answered prayer. Hopefully the next pictures will show that they are totally gone. I will keep you updated.

The best part of the visit? I got to feel Jeanie kick! Finally! She has been acting a little stubborn with me lately. Every time Jess feels her kick and quickly puts my hand on her belly to feel it, Jeanie stops moving. I'm so glad she decided to cooperate with Tutu today. (My soon to be name! Aunt Meg just wasn't fun).

After the appointment we went to lunch and got ice cream. I got in a little trouble with my boss for spoiling the girls the way I do. I can't help it....they are so precious! We then went to ImaginOn. If you have kids and have not been here yet, you need to go! It's so much fun! And provides hours of entertainment.

The DJ on 91.9 was talking on the radio today about her upcoming trip to Africa. She was saying how she could not fit all her things in her bag that she wanted to take and could only check one bag. I called the station to share with her that on international flights you may check as many bags as you would like. We got to talking and I shared with her about my trip to Guatemala and how I feel called now to be a full time missionary. Later tonight Jill and Cindy called saying they heard me on the radio! How fun! I didn't get to hear it but I was pretty excited about it!

God laid it on my heart several times today that when He puts an encouraging thought or idea into my mind, I need to act on it. There are many times that an encouraging word will come to my mind, but the thought of approaching a stranger to share that thought is scary! That is walking in faith though, isn't it? As a society, we are not as thoughtful as we should be. When a person acts thoughtfully, it catches people off guard. That's when our Christian light will shine through. When you are prompted to say or do something encouraging.... do it. You are being used!


If you see a need, meet it.
If you think an encouraging word, say it.
If you think a kind thought, put it into action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this blog on Pastor Stevens blog, definitely made me thinkkk.
SO crazy how God has been working in us and how He went about introducing us! But I feel blessed to know you.
Im glad youre back to blogging, i need to get on it!
Im praying for you, lady!