Tuesday, January 12, 2010

20 Things About 2009

I saw this on Faith's blog and thought I'd fill you in on my last year. A little late, but better than never!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Went on a mission trip tp Guatemala! Lived for the Lord like never before, & led a Bible study.


2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making any resolutions last year except to lose weight, and yes I did that. I lost 30 pounds in '09!


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my best friend gave birth on October 23 to my sweet godaughter Jeanie.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. What a nice break....



5. What places have you visited?
Atlanta, Philadelphia, Sanibel Island, Virginia Beach, Savannah, Boone, Guatemala.












6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A home for me in Guatemala. A man who loves me, but loves Jesus even more. A stronger passion for my Savior and a peace and joy despite the circumstances that may arise.



7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
July 16, when I felt the Lord speak and tell me that I was going to serve in Guatemala.
I experienced him more that day than ever before, in a way that I never had. It was an overwhelming, consuming presence of the Lord that completely changed my life.



8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Grew closer to my family, gained some real friends, and learned to be content in waiting on God.





9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I stayed pretty healthy this year minus a little bump there at the end. 2010 will answer some questions but I am confident it is all going to be ok because God is in control!





10. What was the best thing you bought?




My Longchamp bag!

11. Where did most of your money go?
That's a great question! School, travel, and then I am not sure!

12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmm...Set The World on Fire by Britt Nicole. And anything by Hillsong because I just really learned who they were in 2009 and am obsessed!

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Spent more in depth time in the Word and with my Jesus, listened more and spoke less, spent less money, and avoided relationships that I knew better about.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Slept and been lazy!

15. What was your favorite TV program?
So many! The Office, Project Runway, Real Housewives (all of them), Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, The Bachelor.....I think that's it.

16. What was the best book you read this year?
Dear John. Such a great love story! And now it's a movie and I can't wait to see it! And the Twilight series.

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Um...I can't remember all that I saw in 2009 but maybe The Blindside? I really don't know about this one...I can't remember!

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 24 this year. I had a party at the Ballantyne Resort with about 10 of my close friends. We lounged on the roof top pool all day and then headed downtown for the night. Kaylen came in from Atlanta, and Nick came from Miami. It was a really fun time and we have some great memories from that weekend we can still laugh about.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
What didn't? I can't find a single issue that I agree with our current President about so that caused quite a lot of stirring the entire eyar!

20. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a whole new group of friends through my church and my Home Fellowship Group. Grace and I grew up knowing who each other were but we were never friends. We "met" this year as well as Jennifer Bridges who has become a sweet friend. And I also met a new family in Guatemala of about 500 kids that I ADORE!

2 comments:

JenB said...

Awwww.... Love you!

Faith said...

This has been a big year for you! Praying that 2010 brings even more of God's blessings on your life. Look forward to seeing what He has in store!