Saturday, January 9, 2010

YES!

The whole point of this trip was of course to see the children, but I had an alterior motive as well. I was determined to get an answer while I was here, either yes or no, as to whether or not I could move here. I spent week 1 seeking God, praying, and waiting for Him to speak. I didn't want to make any sudden decisions, although this is something I've been praying about for 6 months now. Papi gave his testimony during week 1 and at the very end said, "We don't need money, what we need here is staff." It sent me to my room saying, "Ok God, is that you? Is that you whispering to me to move?" I continued to pray and spoke to a few of my friends here. (Yes, some of the kids have become actual friends to me by now. They are my age, or close to it, and I love them to pieces. I wish I could bring them all home with me.) I told one of them that I was wanting to talk to Papi but that he intimidates me. He said, "Let me guess, you want to move here. I can see it in your eyes. You want to be here." I got chills. Then we had church that night. As I was sitting with Gabby and some of the other girls, Chus walks in and whispers "You'll be good here." MAJOR chills. That's the exact thing that Jeremy said to me during my last trip here. Again I asked, God is that you?

I emailed Papi yesterday. He is still on his vacation but I could not leave here without an answer. I poured my heart out to him and told him that there is no where else in this world I want to be than here. I received an email back a hour later that said, "Nothing would give me more pleasure. Come." I welled up with tears the moment I read it. God is so loving. He knows my desires, my heart, and CARES. Again I can testify that He WILL give you the desires of your heart when it aligns with His will. His good, pleasing and perfect will. I am so blessed to serve such an amazing, caring, loving God. I am nothing and He is SO big, yet He cares about ME. That changes my life....

Thank you, every one of you, who has prayed for me during this trip. I could feel your prayers and strength while I was here. My HFG-You are more amazing than words can say. I know that the Lord put me in your group and in your lives so that you could be the amazing examples of the church and what God's love is really like. Your support is appreciated from the very depths of my heart. I could never do enough to repay all of you. Thank you for pouring into me, pressing in, and being living testimonies of the amazing, beautiful God that we serve. You are why I am where I am today. Thank you!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

AMAZING!!! So neat to see God's hand in your life...so exciting to see what He has in store unfold!!