Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Willy Nilly


God is so faithful. He is so consistent and truly does care aboout our desires. He WILL give you the desires of your heart! I am in tears as I write this post because it's probably the most special to me.

When I got here all of the boys were quick to give me hugs, ask how I have been and then wanted to ask how I was doing since Willy left. They all knew how much I loved that boy and how special our relationship was. To me, that means so much-that even they could see it. Little did I know what they were up to! Some of the older boys kept telling me Willy would be at church Sunday, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I just tried not to think about it. But in my bed at night I was praying that I would get to see my sweet boy. That has been one of the deep desires of my heart since I stepped foot on Guatemalan ground.

Sunday I was lined up with some of the kids waiting to go into church. Chus walks up to me and says, "Aren't you excited your boy came today?" I just laughed because I thought he was joking and said "Yea I wish." Then he pointed to a group of 4 boys about 60 feeet away walking towards us. There he was! My boy was here. I sprinted to him and hugged him so hard I probably crushed him. He was a little stand-offish at first. He kept his distance from me a little. We sat together in church, just us, since he isn't allowed to sit with the other boys. While we were singing I could feel him looking at me. God's love just hit me at that moment. Was this really happening?? His love is so overwhelming to me and I began to cry. As discreetly as possible I may add, because the boys pick on me for being such a crier. Once we sat down Willy grabbed my hand and held it the entire service. Talk about breaking my heart!!!!

After service I walked with him up to my apartment. I made him some food and packed a bag for him with almost all the food I had. There is no telling when he will eat again. We got to spend some time talking and catching up but he had to leave about an hour later. His sisters came and I got to meet them which was awesome. Willy has my heart, that is for sure.

Now listen to this....The boys here know how much I love Willy. They also know that I didn't bring any of his gifts because I didn't think I would be seeing him. Jonathan ran to his room and gave me a sweatshirt to give to Willy. He said "Tell him it's from you. I know you wanted to give him things but you didn't bring them. I know you would have and I know how sad you are that you didn't have anything to give him." Here come the waterworks. I am taken aback by the generosity of kids who have nothing to begin with. I have a hard time comprehending it. They leave me speechless. That's all I really can say....

I am so thankful to serve such a loving, merciful, persistant, gracious, consistent, humble, giving God. A God who cares about ME, little me, and my desires.

2 comments:

Emily Richardson said...

oh my goodness!!! that is the sweetest thing!! im even crying!!! i am sooo happy for you!! I love u megan!

JenB said...

Well of course now I'm crying. Our God is so awesome!!! So happy for you.