Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The "S" Word

I am loving me some Jesus today! It is really gloomy out today and the sun can't make up it's mind if it wants to come out or not, but I have the SON to brighten my day :) Ok, maybe that's cheesy but it's so true. It's so easy to get in a rut or complain about not-so-beautiful days like today but I think it's God's way of gently nudging us to look to Him for our sunshine that day. I am feeling His presence and joy today! So as you know, I am SINGLE. Yes, the dreaded "S" word. I used to hate saying that word. It would totally effect me if I didn't have a date for Friday night. I would be down and out when all my friends had boyfriends and I didn't. Well, all my friends still have boyfriends, but it's ok! I have the one TRUE love of my life pursuing my heart. I know He values me and loves me more than anyone else ever could. (That's not to say I won't rejoice when He does send me that special someone though!) I have learned to allow God to be the one to fill that void in my heart and how sweet that is!

The rest of my day will consist of studying, taking an online test, gym, practice (last one before our 1st game Saturday!) and meeting the ladies for a little girl time. Have a beautiful day! Adios!

3 comments:

*[n][a][t][a][l][i][e]* said...

awesome lady ! yay for the S word ! that's def a good place to be as God preps you for that special someone :)

excited about tonight and so glad i got to meet you ! i see lots of fun in our future :o)

Blessings*nat

Anonymous said...

so stoked to see how God is working in your life, lady! He is so amazinggg! Thank you for being such a happy & positive sister in Christ. :)

Faith said...

Hey girl, I can't believe that I just realized you were a blogger! I'm going to add you to my reader so I can keep up with you.

You might need to do an updated post to this one, right?!?!?!

Love you girl!