Monday, December 28, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!

Today was very cold and very rainy! Not the spring-like weather I am used to here! I spent the morning playing cards with the older boys and just sitting around talking. Chus made me some guacamole which made my day and I had just that for lunch and dinner. They are spoiling me here, that's for sure. The afternoon was spent in the baby dorm, Los Angelitos, hanging out with the little babies. I have found the child I want to sneak home in my bag. His name is Pablo and he is the most loving and precious thing I've ever laid eyes on. It doesn't help that he follows me around and calls me "mami". He caught my heart today.

Tonight I went over to Mami and Papi's house and watched "Up" with some of the other kids. It turned out to be more of a question and answer session about America which was pretty fun. There is a boy in the hospital who is from Casa named Antoni. He is very sick and needs a kidney but is too little to receive one. He is on dialysis 2-3 times a day and receiving blood transfusions. Papi asked the kids that wanted to to donate blood for him today. I was shocked at the number of kids that signed up. These children genuinely care for each other and take care of one another. It's a very cool thing to watch.

I've gotten to spend a lot of time with Willy's brother Elvis. It's been very comforting getting to see him and talk about Willy. I miss my boy so much but being able to spend time with Elvis is almost as great :) They look just alike too. I just will continue to pray that Willy is safe and out of harm's way.

2 comments:

JenB said...

Glad you are getting settled in. Praying God will use you mightily these 2 weeks! Love you!

Kara Richardson said...

that's awesome! it doesn't surprise me they would donate blood for each other! :) glad u r having a BLAST and we will continue to pray 4 u! luv ya! -Kara