Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I ran in my very first 5k this year! I thought I was going to die, and it was really hard to keep going, but it was so great when I finally crossed that finish line. I won't lie-I am pretty proud of myself. My final time was 45:12, which isn't terrible for a first timer who doesn't run that often. My next race will be in December. It's actually on the same course so I know what to expect. If anyone has trained for these races before and have some advice, I would LOVE to hear it! I can tell you this though-it's addicting already!



The rest of the day was pretty low key. Had some great food and hung out with the family. My sweet little 4 year old cousin was here whom I adore. She told me that I am one of her "best friends" which really made my day! Never knew being the best friend of a 4 year old would be so fulfilling, but it is. We took a lot of pictures, and as soon as I figure out how to get them off my new camera and onto the computer I will post them. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: